Why spend money on play dough when you can make it yourself?!
Play dough recipe 1- Using a cooking method
- 3 cups of plain flour
- 3 cups of water with added colouring of your choice
- 1 1/2 cups of salt
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 6 teaspoons of cream of tartar
- Put all ingredients into a saucepan and stir while cooking over a medium heat until the desired consistency is obtained.
This keeps well in an air tight container. Do not put in the fridge.
Play dough recipe 2- a non-cook method
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1 cup of water with added colouring of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon of hand lotion
- Mix the flour and salt together
- add hand lotion, oil and water. Mix well and knead until dough is smooth
This is a pliable pleasant smelling dough which keeps well.
Packs of modelling tools are great and keep young children entertained for hours. We have a play dough table set up most weeks at our group.