- 100 grams plain flour
- 100 grams sugar
- 50 grams margarine
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp milk
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- brightly coloured boiled sweets
- rolling pin
- 2 biscuits cutters, one big, one small. We used 2 star shapes.
- baking sheet
- tea spoon
- greaseproof paper
Make the biscuit mix up first:
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix together the beaten egg, milk and vanilla.
- Add this gradually to the creamed butter mixture, stirring thoroughly.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir this into the mixture so that you have a stiff paste
- Divide into balls big enough for each child to make one biscuit.
crush up the boiled sweets into little pieces.
How to make your stained glass window biscuit:
Roll out the mixture on a lightly floured board. Cut out a large shape. Cut out a smaller shape in the centre. Fill the space with the crushed boiled sweet. Place finished biscuits on a baking tray. Bake at 175 or gas mark 5 for 8 -10 minutes. The boiled sweet will melt and create a stained glass window effect.